The restored “Fürstenbau” (prince bishops' residence) of Fortress Marienberg houses not only the renovated living quarters, but also the city history department of the Museum für Franken, formerly the “Mainfränkisches Museum”. Of special interest are the collection of gold jewelry, the collection of liturgical vestments, and two models of the city: Würzburg in 1525 and Würzburg in 1945.
March 16 – October 31
Tue - Sun 9 am - 6 pm.
Last entry is 30 minutes before closing time.
Adults € 4.50 per person
Groups of more than 15 persons € 3.50 per person
Combi ticket für Museum für Franken and Fürstenbaumuseum € 6,50 per person
Combi ticket for a guided tour of Fortress Marienberg in English (April to October, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays at 3 pm) and Fürstenbaumuseum € 6 per person, groups of 15 people or more € 5 per person.