Corona: Important information for our guests
we look forward to welcoming you, your family and your friends personally to Würzburg again. However, it is still very important to take great care in order to prevent a further spread of the Corona pandemic. We have therefore gathered some important information for you:
- The existing contact restriction and the distance rule will continue to apply. Everyone is therefore required to reduce physical contact with other people outside the members of their own household to an absolutely necessary minimum. Wherever possible, a minimum distance between two persons of 1.5 m must be maintained. A maximum of 5 people of two households are allowed to meet, both in private and in public spaces. It is compulsory to cover nose and mouth on the Old Main Bridge and its access ways on both sides. Furthermore, the requirement to wear FFP2-face masks remains unchanged, for example, in shops and on local and long-distance public transport.
- Since May 21st, 2021, hotels, guesthouses, holiday apartments, campsites, youth hostels and mobile home parking spaces are open again under the condition that the 7-day incidence value remains below 100. In addition to this hygiene and distance rules must be adhered to. A max. 24 hours old negative PCR or rapid antigen test of the guests has to be proved on arrival and must be repeated every 48 hours. Even after that, there may be further restrictions, especially for tourist accommodation and travel. These can also change at short notice. Gastronomic offers from accommodation establishments, including indoors, are only possible for hotel guests and until 10 p.m. The wellness areas are also open to guests (e.g. swimming pools, fitness rooms, solariums). Exclusion criteria for overnight stays and detailed information on the interpretation of the regulations can be found here.
- The outdoor dining areas are open again until 10:00 p.m. at the latest. The obligation to test in outdoor catering does no longer apply. Sitting together at a table with a maximum of 2 households and a total of 5 people is allowed, children under 14 years are not considered. However, the contacts must be traceable.
- Würzburg Residence: FFP2 masks are mandatory for visitors. The FFP2 mask requirement does not apply to children and young people who have not yet reached the age of 15. Children and adolescents between the ages of six and 15 must wear a textile mouth and nose covering (everyday mask). There is no need to present a negative corona test.
- Museums, exhibitions, memorials and botanical gardens are allowed to open without making an appointment or entering contact details. In theaters and cinemas as well as at cultural open-air events (max. 250 visitors) there is no test requirement. The recording of contact data, hygiene concepts and the wearing of FFP2 masks are still required.
- Retail: Customers can shop again without an appointment and without a test. Hygiene concepts are still required.
- The Tourist Information & Ticket Service on the Market Square has been open to the public again since May 21, 2021 at the following times: Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. You can also reach us by phone at +49 (0)931 37 23 35 from Monday to Thursday from 10 am tp 4 pm, on Fridays from 10 am to 1 pm or via email at: email@example.com.
- Detailed information on all current restrictions for tourist facilities in Bavaria is available here: https://www.bavaria.by/information-coronavirus
We do hope for your understanding in these challenging times and look very much forward to welcoming you in Würzburg. Take care and stay healty!
Your team of Congress-Tourismus-Würzburg