Corona: Important information for our guests
we look forward to welcoming you, your family and your friends personally to Würzburg. However, it is still very important to take great care in order to prevent a further spread of the Corona virus. We have therefore gathered some important information for you. The following rules and regulations are currently in place in Bavaria:
- The existing distance rule will continue to apply. Wherever possible, a minimum distance between two persons (of different households) of 1.5 m must be maintained. It is compulsory to cover your nose and mouth with a FFP2-mask in all public indoor spaces, for example, in shops, restaurants, museums, attractions, theaters and on local and long-distance public transport. Children under the age of 6 are exempt of the rule.
- To access most public indoor spaces the so-called 2G rule (short for German "geimpft, genesen" - vaccinated, recovered) applies. This means that you must either present a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate or a proof of recovery from Covid-19. In spaces where the 3G-rule applies, you must either present a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate, a proof of recovery from Covid-19 or a PCR-Test, which is not older than 48 hours.
- Covid-19 test centers in Würzburg can be found here.
- Hotels, guesthouses, holiday apartments, campsites and youth hostels are open. The 2G rule applies. If you are not vacchinated or recovered, you can't stay in the hotels. Exempt of the rule are children under the age of 6 and school children that are regularly tested at school.
- Restaurants and cafés are open. The 2G rule applies for indoor and outdoor seating areas.
If you are not vacchinated or recovered, you can't stay in gastronomic facilities. Guests may take off their FFP 2-face and mouth covers only while seated. Bars and nightclubs are currently closed.
- Museums, exhibitions, theaters, memorials and botanical gardens are all happy to welcome visitors. In indoor areas the 2G+ rule must be observed (2G+ means vacchinated, recovered and an additional PoC Antigen-test (not older than 24 hours) or a PCR-Test, which is not older than 48 hours. Outside holy masses, churches may be visited wearing a FFP2-face mask.
- Würzburg Residence Palace: The 2G+ rule applies. FFP2-face masks are mandatory for visitors. The mask requirement is waived for children under the age of 6 and school children that are regularly tested at school.
- Passengers of river cruise ships: Guests, who are not vaccinated or recovered are required to produce a negative PCR or antigen test result when they embark in Bavaria and again before every land excursion in Bavaria.
- The Tourist Information & Ticket Service on Market Square welcomes you at the following times: Tuesday - Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday and public holidays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. You can also reach us by phone at +49 (0)931 37 23 35 from Monday to Thursday from 10 am tp 4 pm, on Fridays from 10 am to 1 pm or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Detailed information on current entry and quarantine regulations in Germany is available here.
- We do hope for your understanding and cooperation in these challenging times and look very much forward to welcoming you to Würzburg. Take care and stay healthy!
Your team of Congress-Tourismus-Würzburg
January 21, 2022