For Families and Friends
Guided Tours for children and families
e.g. historic center, Fortress Marienberg, Residence Palace
Make your selection here.
Playgrounds, Kickabout areas, Skate areas, Streetball
- Here you can find out about playgrounds in Würzburg where kids can play securely (classified by districts)
- Kinder- und Jugendfarm: educationally guided playground with animals
- Skatepark: approx. 1400 sqm skating area
Canyoning and Kayaking
The Franconian Wine Country offers various possibilities of canoeing and kayaking. Discover the unique landscape from a very different perspective! Find a wide overview here.
- Bowling Center Heuchelhof: family offers
Ice Skating / Skating
- Skating rink: family offers, ice disco once a month
- As part of the Mozartfest several concerts for children take place
- Escape Game on the river Main, programs are available in English
Flying / Ballooning
- Indoor playground for children "Kinderland"
Go-Karts and E-Karts
- Miniature Golf near Löwenbrücke: with tram No 3 or 5, stop at station "Löwenbrücke"
- Miniature Golf near Konrad-Adenauer-Brücke: with tram No 1 or 4, stop at station "Königsberger Straße"
Museums with guided tours for children
- Museum für Franken: Guided tours for children with different topics, guided tours for families
- Museum im Kulturspeicher: Offers for families, creative guided tours, Art workshops for kids
- Martin-von-Wagner-Museum: Guided tours for children with different topics, kids days
- Touch Science Mind at the University of Würzburg: Interactive science exhibition with guided tours for students
- Mineralogical Museum: guided tours for families with different topics
- Stein Wine Trail: hiking through the world famous vineyard "Würzburger Stein". Approx. 4 km.
- Wine Nature Trail Schlossberg & Leiste: starting at the church of St. Burkard in the old fishermen's quarter through the vineyards "Schloßberg" and "Innere Leiste" to Fortress Marienberg. Approx. 4 km.
Experience Würzburg and its surroundings from the water - on a 40-minutes-cruise on the River Main!
- Botanical Garden Würzburg: 10,000 different plant species, guided tours, greenhouses and outdoor gardens
- Environment Station: municipal center for environmental education and information as well as waste and environmental mentoring with regular events and projects
- Ecological House Würzburg: activities in line with Bund Naturschutz
- Print Offices: e.g. Main Post with guided tour through print center and publishing house
- Brewery Würzburger Hofbräu: guided tour through the brewery with beer tasting and pretzels
- Arnstein: Natural swimming lake, approx. 25 km to the North of Würzburg
- Erlabrunn: swimming lake, located some 10 kms to the North-West of Würzburg
- Grafenrheinfeld: swimming lake, local recreation area "Altmainschleife Nord"
- Schweinfurt (2 km southern): quarry pond, near garden plot
- Nautiland: adventure swimming pools
- Sandermare: health care swimming pool
- Dallenbergbad: outdoor swimming pools
- Wolfgang-Adami-Bad: indoor swimming pool (50 m)
Wildlife Parks in vicinity